Meetups are independent community gatherings organized by Techfestival co-creators. Open to curious minds of all ages and backgrounds. Make sure to RSVP to secure your spot!
The rapid advances in technology and digital are reshaping the world of marketing and media and fundamentally shifting the structures of business and power. Startups play a big part and the question everyone is asking themselves is: What is the next big thing in the marketing and media startup scene? Be part of the conversation with industry expert, New York native and investor Kodi Foster.
Senior Vice President, Data Strategy, Viacom
- Kodi Foster is the Senior Vice President of Data Strategy at Viacom. Kodi focuses on synthesizing Viacom’s data approach around actionable consumer insights into a scalable platform that allows advertisers to efficiently plan, develop and measure their advertising against a targeted customer segment optimized for ROI. He leads the development of data-centric strategies for multi-channel integrated marketing, measurement and valuation, in partnership with the Viacom Velocity and Nickelodeon Velocity.
Prior to joining Viacom, Kodi served as Head of Brand Initiatives at Outbrain since 2010. He has been at the forefront of the Content Marketing revolution, working with brands and agencies to transform their organizations through content and technologies that delight audiences across screens and platforms. Before joining Outbrain, Kodi was Vice President of Business Development at Sahara Media Holdings, a publicly traded investment company specializing in the digital media industry. With over ten years of experience in sales and business development, he led strategic planning, investment due diligence, and campaign execution for a number of Fortune 500 companies. Kodi is also a Principal Investor at NextGen Angels a network driven venture firm.
Kodi speaks often at leading global industry events evangelizing about trends in the digital advertising space. He presented at the 2016 PSFK Conference, SXSW, Internet Week New York, Argyle CMO Leadership Forum, Brand Innovators, The Ataway Exchange Conference, Open Co., The NextM Conference, IBM Social Business Series, and The Advertising Club’s Media: Now Conference among others. He is a graduate of Cornell University.
Digital Developer, GroupM Denmark
- Emil Lauritsen is Digital Developer at media agency group GroupM Denmark. As a Digital Developer, his focus is to find new and better ways of combining insights gathered across the customer journey to optimize the way that brands communicate with their audiences. This requires solutions for better data analysis, as well as building algorithms and platforms that make the insights executable across the different buying systems used by GroupM. Emil leads GroupM Denmark’s integration of Machine Learning into media buying and optimization.
Emil has been a part of GroupM since 2013, where he started working with Search Engine Optimization and Marketing, before moving on to Programmatic Buying and now Digital Developer, a new role created to embrace the growing importance of making insights across channels actionable, in a world where everything has to be analyzed and executed in real time.
Emil was named one of 30 global talents in M&M’s search for the hottest rising stars in international media and marketing in their 2016 selection, acknowledging his pioneering work with Machine Learning and media buying.
A graduate of Aalborg University Copenhagen, Emil holds a Bachelor of Science in IT, Communication and New Media.
The agenda for the evening is:
- Trends from the startup scene in NYC
- Trends in tech and marketing
- Success stories
- The use of data in marketing and communication and next steps
We look forward to including you in the conversation
The Fireside Chat is hosted by NextM. A part of media agency group GroupM.
In a world of rapid technological advancement and consumer changes, the role of NextM is to anticipate disruption, create opportunities and produce maximum value in media and marketing. NextM is conferences that inspire new thinking, ignite conversation and deliver exposure to concepts, original thinking and unexpected change agents. Stay tuned at www.nextm.io
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxus, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of nearly US $19 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm